Thursday, November 25, 2010

Preview!

Here are a few pictures of how it's coming so far. The paint stripper is working pretty well, but it's harder to scrape off in the crevices than I had expected.

She's looking a little rough right now, but look at all that promising wood peeking through...



Look at that grain!


It's looking pretty icky right now :/



This is the top of the filing cabinet. See how dark it looks?



:sigh: Here's the hardware. As previously mentioned, I used Rustoleum Metallic Satin Nickel, then followed it up by one coat of Krylon Clear satin finish, and just look at the results!!!!



Can you see the sparkles? I can't BELIEVE these were brass before!

Once I'm done stripping this filing cabinet, I think I'm going to attack the other one differently.

I kind of did this one all at once, and just shellacked the whole thing with paint stripper. This made it a little difficult to scrape down, because I couldn't really grip the sides or open drawers or whatever, since the whole thing was covered with paint stripper.

I believe I'll be taking a break for Turkey Day, but when I get back, I think I'll just do a couple of sides at a time, and see if that's easier.

2 comments:

Ticia said...

That probably will be. I entered a few of the Silhoutte giveaways to see if I could win them......

Jenn said...

Yeah, I lost count of how many I entered. Maybe one of us will get lucky. If not, I'm spreading the word that that's what I'd like for Christmas :)