Well, there really are so many...I am very grateful to have the life that I do, and I try to be satisfied with all I have been given. However, two things come to mind off the top of my head:
1. Our honeymoon. Planning a wedding is crazy. Especially in four months. Especially when you're in one state, and your wedding is going to be held in another. I don't have a lot of complaints about the process as a whole; the week prior to the wedding, once we were back in town to finalize everything, was (from my perspective, anyway) the most stressful. The wedding itself was beautiful, meaningful, fun, and flawed in a perfect sort of way. But I remember, once we flew back to South Carolina, dropped our stuff off and headed out to our cabin in Georgia...we got there, and it was just the slow realization that we were literally beginning the rest of our lives together. And I was unbelievably happy with the decision I'd made to marry My Love ^_^
2. The day I was hired as an art teacher. This is a different sort of significant. I've loved art for as long as I can remember, and for some reason, I pushed it to the back burner in my life for awhile. It always came out in one way or another, and couldn't be suppressed entirely. Though I conveniently forgot to consider art as a major in college until it was too late, though I took jobs for the sake of paying the bills rather than the intellectual stimulation or for the joy of the work I was doing, somehow, I started taking tiny steps toward pursuing my dream. My Love helped a great deal in me taking those steps. He always says something along the lines of, "If you really want to do it, you'd do it." So, I kept my eyes open, and found the job that I have now. It's perfect insomuch as it's part time, it involves working with elementary school kids, and I get paid to teach art. Unbelievable. Sure, there are days when it's frustrating, or I'm tired, but even on those days, I usually sit back and marvel that I'm actually getting to be overwhelmed or stressed about a job that I've always wanted to have.
0 comments:
Post a Comment