Sunday, August 29, 2010

Changes, Part Deux

I'm about to head off to bed super early (for me, at least...it's not 10pm yet), but wanted to type a few things up before drifting off to dreamland.

First off, I'm so unbelievably amazed by our church family. We had our building campaign today, and all of our congregation pledged what they could contribute to the fund...we were aiming for $150,000...and we ended up with $226,554 -- I'm blown away and so encouraged! It was really humbling to realize that God really has it all under control, and will provide...we have so little faith sometimes, and don't trust Him with the details...then He reminds us that He is the provider, and will meet our needs (even exceed them!). So amazing.

Here's a picture of the piece I did for the big reveal. I painted it on the front of cardboard boxes, and they stacked them all on top of each other to create the picture. At the top, there was another four boxes, and that had the total amount that was pledged. I think it came out pretty well :)
Second off, I'm going to be saying goodbye to soda, sweet tea, excessive sweets, and poor eating habits; and saying hello to more exercise, drinking lots of water, going back to Krav, and eating better! I am going to make a more specific plan for myself, but you don't need all the gory details. I hope to reach my goal weight by my birthday, and once I've lost the first 20 pounds, I'm going to get my red streaks in my hair! I was supposed to get them this last time I had my hair done, but (as I mentioned) they didn't come out quite right, so I figured I'd use them as motivation for losing weight!

I kind of lost my momentum once I quit my job and all the summer Great Adventure stuff kicked into high gear. I'm ready to get back to business, and see what kind of changes I can make!

I'm hoping to change a lot on the outside, but also on the inside too. I have battled for a long time with countless insecurities, and my husband has challenged me a lot lately about them, and I'm tired of dragging them around like baggage. They're at least going to be turned into lesser issues, if not be eradicated completely. I will go more into detail of my plan and progress with that later.

Goodnight, All!

0 comments: