Saturday, July 21, 2012

As It Is...

I did it! I actually took pictures and posted them! :) Here are just a few of Little Man's room:


There's his crib, the artwork I made, and his window. I'm planning on painting the outer part of the frames red, to make them pop a bit more. Also, I'm not sure where I stand on the curtains...er...curtain. It's obviously too short for the window, but two sets would be almost too much? I'm considering something like this:

...but am still afraid that it will be too narrow for the window, so I'll have to take measurements. What do you think? Should I get an additional valance that matches the bedding, and leave it at that, or should I try to find another solution? I'm running out of options. I consider myself relatively savvy when it comes to tracking down home decor items, and am seriously almost out of places to look.



This is the part of the room where the desk/hutch in question resides. I took the hutch bit off yesterday, to make room to hang the animal net (which, upon seeing it in picture form, is slightly off...must adjust that later...that sucker was way harder to "install" than I had anticipated). I put so much effort into that furniture...I hate to part with it, but I'm just not sure. Despite my original plan, I'm now thinking that I will possibly remove that piece of furniture, hang up my completed alphabet on that wall, and add some gutter bookshelves. I'm either going to put the bookshelves under the window ledge or behind where the desk is now. I want to get a 2x3 cubby storage system, and that will go wherever the bookshelves do not. Do you have a vote on where to put which?



There's my rocker/glider chair that a friend gave us. Another friend was super kind and recovered the cushions -- they're AWESOME, and so soft! You can see a close up of the fabric in my earlier post here. I still (as you can see) need to paint the chair itself (and the ottoman, which isn't pictured) black to match the rest of the furniture in the room, but I love that chair. I'm hoping to put my Silhouette machine to use, and make my first wall decal of my favorite Dr. Seuss quote to put on the wall behind it.
"Today you are you, that's truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
I haven't decided if I'm going to apply it straight to the wall, or make an art project out of it...I'm leaning toward art project, but we'll see :)
See Horton chillaxin'? And, of course, we have the Cat in the Hat from Little Man's baby shower decorations on the back of the door. Super cute.



Compared to the other angles of the nursery, this side is looking a little drab. There will be a frame hanging over the changing table/dresser with a picture of LM, and a hand and footprint on either side. I just haven't gotten the prints that I want yet. That'll help, but I'm definitely going to need to add some spice to this area. Maybe I'll add another quote, or some of those trees from The Lorax.

Anyway, it's come a long way since the beginning. I'll post more soon!

1 comments:

Dana said...

I love his room!!! so cute!